[Linphone-users]newbie: suitable soundcards

From: Ekkard Gerlach
Subject: [Linphone-users]newbie: suitable soundcards
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 19:23:32 +0000

Hello,

I'm new with linphone. Conversation works partly. I think
the errors are caused by my  SoundBlaster Vibra16C CT 4180
(ISA-Card) that is not full duplex with ALSA-drivers.
Also my Advance Logic ALS100 plus  doesn't work
properly. My second PC with
TerraTec "T Solo 1-S" (PCI)  seems to work better because
it's full-duplex.

Can somebody give me a advice for a cheap but working card
for voice over ip , here linphone ?

A computer shop next to me sells
   CREATIVE (B) SB 128 P&P (Stereo) PCI     20 Euro
   Soundcard 32 PnP PCI                     15 Euro  ( noname ?)
   TERRATEC (B) SoundSystem 128i PCI (bulk) 18 Euro
. Are these cards working with linux and with linphone ?

thx
Ekkard, working with Suse 7.2