Re: [Linphone-users]Conference..

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users]Conference..
Date: 23 Sep 2002 14:40:01 +0200

Hi,

Implementing a conference is not something easy. Of course I think it is
simpler in SIP than in H323, because SIP is simpler than H323. However
there is not only signaling, but media processing: RTP, codecs, mixing
of streams... All those things are not trivial. I'm thinking about that
because it is planned to make a conferencing server inside linphone, but
for next year. Today we are working on video support.
oSIP is a general purpose SIP library. Not an application. It makes no
sense to talk about conferening in oSIP. You can make conferencing with
oSIP, within an application.

Simon