Re: [Linphone-users]Linphone and IP masquerading

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users]Linphone and IP masquerading
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 21:19:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Howard Philips wrote:

>   I would like to use Linphone over the Internet from
> a Linux box that lives in a LAN, and has Internet
> access by IP masquerading via another Linux box that
> is connected to the same LAN and to the Internet,
> simultaneously.
>
>   Is this a hopeless task? Or is it a matter of doing
> the right port redirection? Or something else? Any
> feedback will be most welcome.

SIP is not NAT freindly. To do that, you need
to run a proxy that support NAT and I don't know
any free/open implementation. I hope I'll get
it one day in partysip but doubt this will come
this year. (a rfc is planned for the end of the year!)

Also, linphone has never been tested (as far as I
know) behind such a proxy and I doubt it will
actually do the rigth job. You'll probably be able
to initiate calls but you'll probably get some issues
while stoping calls.

Aymeric