Re: [Linphone-users] recompile problem

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] recompile problem
Date: 28 Jul 2002 01:06:04 +0200

Hi,

> to install .... and troubleshoot. I would think you want feedback to improve
> this process? It would be good to either improve the .configure or create a
> script that rpm queries all the required packages so that the new user has a
> successful install first time.
I know compiling linphone is not easy because it needs lots of
dependencies on gnome, and gnome is a packaging nightmare.
However querying on the rpm database is not a good idea: rpm names
changes between distributions, and users can install packages either
from sources, from rpm, and perhaps from dpkg (on debian).
It is the work of the linux distribution to make a binary package of
linphone that carries all dependencies.

> yes I did install gtkdoc for smoe other reason recently and usually this
> causes installs to build docs rather than use prepackage. I removed the
> package gtkdoc and still get the error.
> Can anyone help reverse this?
If you change your configuration, you have to do rm config.cache and
reconfigure linphone, before recompiling.
Simon