[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4543 in lilypond: articulate.ly: update documentat

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4543 in lilypond: articulate.ly: update documentation, add support for portato
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2015 09:21:16 +0000

Owner: ----

New issue 4543 by address@hidden: articulate.ly: update documentation, add support for portato

<https://codereview.appspot.com/260040043/>

This is a small enhancement which I've had lying around for a while... Since the "portato" articulation is nowadays supported when generating MIDI without using articulate.ly, there's really no reason why this articulation couldn't be supported by articulate.ly as well.

This changeset updates the articulate.ly script documentation on the supported articulations with a description of ac:staccatissimoFactor, and adds ac:portatoFactor for shortening notes marked portato, and slurred notes marked with staccato. The default value for ac:portatoFactor is 3/4 (to match the shortening factor for portato notes when not using articulate.ly).

I'll try my luck at suggesting this enhancement in a form which automatically renders also slurred notes marked staccato using the "portato" articulation (see <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portato>) – it's easy to remove this feature if there's controversy about how such notes "should" be rendered, or whether the note at which the slur ends should still be rendered using the "portato" articulation or not (as articulate.ly gives slurred notes without any explicit articulations their full length *except* for the note at which the slur ends, which again gets shortened by ac:normalFactor).