Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4532 in lilypond: make-parenthesis-stencil ret

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4532 in lilypond: make-parenthesis-stencil returns ugly output with increased thickness
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 17:45:56 +0000

Comment #7 on issue 4532 by address@hidden: make-parenthesis-stencil returns ugly output with increased thickness

@5
To get them more bulgy an override for 'width could be inserted. Though, applying the same override to an object with less Y-extent will cause strange output, at least in my eyes. See attached

\version "2.19.25" %% with patch

\markup
  \override #'(thickness . 4)
  \override #'(width . 0.5)
  {
  \parenthesize \column { x y z }
  \parenthesize "x"
  }

Currently 'width is defined as a property in the markup-command \parenthesize with the default value 0.25. Meaning we let it to the user to find an appropiate value. It might be doable to program some automatic adjustment for 'width looking at the Y-extent of the object to parenthesize.

How are feelings about that?
In every case a different issue.

Attachments:
        parenthesize-width-01.png  1.9 KB