Re: Infix "*" in ABSTRACT_STRING

From: Patrick Cloarec
Subject: Re: Infix "*" in ABSTRACT_STRING
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 10:36:59 +0100

right ;-) that's definitely not commutative.

I just disliske the fact that an infix has to be a feature of the class of the left object.

It seems not natural to me to write "Ho, "*3 while 3*"Ho, " is not possible. I just can't write the scalar value as right parameter.

It is unnatural to me to define a binary operator as the feature of the class of one object. infix is the less intuitive construction offered by Eiffel, in my humble opinion.