eiffeltest, .in and .out files

From: Jakub Pavlík
Subject: eiffeltest, .in and .out files
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 01:35:51 +0100

Hi,

as a newcomer to Eiffel (some learning attempts did take place years ago, but didn't bear any useful fruits) I soon found myself looking for what the standard library has to offer for automated tests.
I came across https://wiki.liberty-eiffel.org/index.php/Eiffeltest#File_handling and tried writing tests with the *.in files providing input and *.out files specifying expected output, but neither have any effect. Output different from the .out file doesn't make the test fail, contents of the *.in file are not fed to the test's stdin and the program is waiting for interactive input instead.
I tried to find code responsible for the functionality, but didn't find anything. Is the wiki outdated / lying, or am I missing something?

Minimal example of .in and .out files having no effect here https://github.com/igneus/try-eiffeltest

Tested Liberty Eiffel version: current head of https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/liberty-eiffel.git 's master branch.

Thanks, Jakub