Re: Noob First Post

From: Raphael Mack
Subject: Re: Noob First Post
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2021 22:13:13 +0100

Am Donnerstag, dem 25.11.2021 um 11:57 -0700 schrieb Duke Normandin:
> I'm just an amateur, hobbyist code monkey, but would be willing to
> help out. I could be assigned some tedious tasks to perform. We
> could give that a try if it would help.

Sounds great! Nobody is perfect and if motivation is there a hobbyist
can reach more than the expert who doesn't really care! I personally
don't like the idea to "assign" tasks especially if they are tedious. I
propose you try to pick something yourself, something that attracts you
or bothers you in real problem. But be warned, the issues that are deep
inside the compiler or the generated C code are quite challenging. So
maybe best for ramping up would be to add or extend some library, as it
can give you a fast success and be helpful right from the beginning.

In my eyes the biggest issue we have with LibertyEiffel is that there
is no project out there using it, so this would be another big
opportunity to help: start one. Whatever it is, sooner or later you
will reach a point where you either need a library or feature that is
not there or not usable with Liberty, then we can dig in there.

Rapha