[Liberty-eiffel] How return a string to the C side

From: Germán Arias
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] How return a string to the C side
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 01:14:48 -0600

Hi,

Most of the callbacks in eiffel-iup returns integers. But there is one
callback that returns a char*. So I'm using a string and I try return
this with my_string.to_external, but I get something like this:

warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size [-Wint-to
-pointer-cast]

Is harmful this? How can eliminate this warning? Or maybe there is a
better way to return a string. This is not a single char, is in fact a
string. I don't have to much experience with C.

Thanks
Germán