[Liberty-eiffel] eiffel-iup on Windows

From: Germán Arias
Subject: [Liberty-eiffel] eiffel-iup on Windows
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2016 00:18:26 -0600

Hi,

I'm testing eiffel-iup on Windows 10 32bits (with the new Windows
installer). But I have problems. I'm using gcc 4.8.1, because the iup
binary packages are incompatible with gcc 6 (and I supposes also with
gcc 5). Iup libraries work perfectly, I has been tested it with
examples in C. These compiles without problems and runs. But with
Liberty Eiffel I get this error:

bad reloc address in 0x0 section in '.data'

See attached screen shot. As far as I understand, this problem appears
when you don't link the necessary libraries, or when you pass the
libraries in a wrong order to the linker. I get this error even if I
link all the iup libraries, so I supposes the second (wrong order) is
the problem. But can't figure how solve it. Any advice? Thanks

Germán