Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Problem with agents

From: Paolo Redaelli
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] Problem with agents
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 11:09:14 +0100

Feel free to contact me for any question.

As far as I can say uip is a library born in the same environment of Lua. I have admired the Brazilian efforts to build their own tools and I would be honoured to add your wrapper in those shipped with Liberty if you agree.

Just for curiosity sake, I see that Uip targets Unix, Linux and Windows.
Then I discover that uip were already available in 1996 when Gtk were still at version 0.x.
I guess there is a widespread knowledge Base and a wide range of code using it developed over two decades.
That's a lot of time in the IT world!

When I wrapped Gtk we used to store the address of the wrapper object as a property of the widget. Since Uip also offer such a facility it seems to me a cleaner design to do the same with your wrapper as having an application wide hash table tends to give issues regarding memory handling and object life cycle that in my experience are often more easily solved directly linking a Uip/gtk/gui object to its Eiffel wrapper