Re: [Liberty-eiffel] generating the documentation

From: John Perry
Subject: Re: [Liberty-eiffel] generating the documentation
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 14:48:52 +0000

Hello Raphael

> I guess this is not the only package required by liberty on Fedora, could you
> try to provide a "full" list of packages which are necessary?

gccxml has the same package name, and presumably one should install the gcc
package. This is all I know for sure.

> When you want to use the "-prune" option to remove the boring parts of the
> compiler. E. g. to generate docs only for your application, you might want to
> create a loadpath.se which points to your src files and call eiffeldoc -prune
> lib -prune tools -prune smarteiffel -prune tutorial loadpath.se

Does this create the documentation first (at least internally) and then remove
the things I don't want, or does it ignore those extra things from the start?
One problem I have with eiffeldoc is that it seems to consume an enormous
amount of memory on my machine & even brings everything else to a crawl. This
is the primary reason I want to avoid all the other documentation.

> I hope this helps for the first try and feel free to suggest improvements on
> eiffeldoc or even to better: provide patches ;-)

If only I had the time :-( I'll try, as things go, but first I think I'd like
simply to turn this into an rpm, perhaps for inclusion w/Fedora. It would be my
first one, though, so if I can manage that, I'll update you on the necessary
packages. Otherwise, I might find some way to be useful, if as I say I can but
find the time.

john perry

--
John Perry