kbfx-devel

[Re: [kbfx-devel] TOM developments]

From: nathanael
Subject: [Re: [kbfx-devel] TOM developments]
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:12:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hiho

Well Just on the merging things... for ease of formulation, I won't use
XML but only list of components:

I will use following xml-definitions (as said, examples not in xml, how to
make it xml structure is available to you on kbfx.org and can be changed,
if you want to...), but using indenting for subgroups...

SystemAdministration.xml

Configure KDE          --> basically contains the kcontrol modules
      Behaviour
      Appearance
          Windeco
          Icons
          Style
      Localisation
Configure Fedora       -- basically contains the system-settings apps
      Network
      Sound
Edit
      Config files (kwrite)
      Sudoers file (visudo in konsole)
      A text file (kwrite)

OfficeWork.xml

Write
      A letter (Open Office Writer, new dialog)
      An Email (Kontact)
Publish and Present
      Your website (nvu)
      A newsletter (Kontact)
Edit
      Your contact list (Kontact)
      A text file (kwrite)
      A document (OpenOfficeWriter, open dialog)

Now, one user needs both configurations...

There are now 2 ways to have it, it's his choice:

> Load the plugin twice, with each having just 1 config file. His KBFX Tom
would look following:

TOM Systemadministration (as Plugin Header)
Configure KDE          --> basically contains the kcontrol modules
      Behaviour
      Appearance
          Windeco
          Icons
          Style
      Localisation
Configure Fedora       -- basically contains the system-settings apps
      Network
      Sound
Edit
      Config files (kwrite)
      Sudoers file (visudo in konsole)
      A text file (kwrite)

TOM Office work  (As plugin header)
Write
      A letter (Open Office Writer, new dialog)
      An Email (Kontact)
Publish and Present
      Your website (nvu)
      A newsletter (Kontact)
Edit
      Your contact list (Kontact)
      A text file (kwrite)
      A document (OpenOfficeWriter, open dialog)

So it's two different instances of TOM

> Load one Plugin with the two merged configurations...

Personal TOM (Plugin header)
[...]

As you see, the EDIT is merged, the double node "Edit a text file
(kwrite)" is only displayed once.

The procedure in the background should be that the XMLs are merged to one
PersonalXml, containing references to the Configuration XMLs. If he wants
to UNLOAD the OfficeWorksXML, The PersonalXml will subtract EVERY
configuration XML from it's XML, but not the REFERENCE to the
Configuration XMLs only the one reference to OfficeWorksXML and remerge
all still referenced XML Configs to the PersonalXml

Greetings