kardsgt-devel

Re: [Kardsgt-devel] Cribbage Board Images

From: John Schneiderman
Subject: Re: [Kardsgt-devel] Cribbage Board Images
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 12:03:58 -0500

On Sunday 13 May 2007 12:31, Libella wrote:
> I am wondering which size problem you mean. Surely changing the board
> layout would mean changing everything from scratch. The spiral and all the
> coordinates have to be listed again and that means two days of work. I
> guess you mean increasing the hight, but with equal spacing that would mean
> increasing the width of the board to make it fit horicontally as well. I
> don't like the idea, to redo it again, because it is tedious, boring work.
> I would do it, if I only exactly knew the final measures and was sure that
> this would be the last time. But I am not ;). At least not as long as I
> silently suspect the problem with the jumpers being a display problem. I
> have seen all the game-screenshots with the graphics I made and all have
> one in common: the images are not displayed 1:1 in actual size. They are
> stretched or squished. This should never be done, because it looks bad -
> when the images are resized on the fly, there is not even interpolation
> what would decrease the loss. I tried and asked you what size you want them
> and redid them, but still they are not displayed 1:1. I think you are
> cultivating this habit, if I take a quick glance at the project homepage, I
> can see that you display this image:
> http://kardsgt.nongnu.org/images/kardsgt-logo-full.png in thumbnail format
> here: http://kardsgt.nongnu.org/ . The scalation loss is easy to see at the
> jagged card contures and Wally's hat.

Sorry for the late reply really busy on my end here. :D We didn't know what
the exact dimentions were in the past, but now after developing a few games
we have a good idea of what size is needed.

For the player images the size is: 90 X 140
The cribbage board is: 220 X 420

In the previous release we re-vamped the interface to not have the round count
itnergrated into the cribbage board. Many of our users found this to be too
confusing. So, to use the cribbage board graphics you've created we can't
have the round count there any more. I appologize for the extra time you'll
spend on that bit.

The images in the homepage are not meant to be representation of the in game
graphics. They're scaled down to conserve bandwith.

        Hope your art competition is going well,
                        John