kardsgt-devel

Re: [Kardsgt-devel] 0.4.0 Status

From: Libella
Subject: Re: [Kardsgt-devel] 0.4.0 Status
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 12:50:49 +0100

Hello!

It is nice to read that you are making so much progress. It seems like everyone is busy with the game except that I am slow this time. I finished the player picture, though. It is attached to this posting.

For the logo font I figured that I am so much used to the font in the logo that simply every other font looks incorrect. dafont.com changed the copyright notice of this font (and on many other fonts) so it is now "free", not "free for non-commercial" anymore. I was not sure, if this is final or if they go and change it back in the future, so to be sure, I sent a email to the font author, asking if we can use the font.

The readme of the font says it is free, but the author would like to be included to the credit list. That would be "Jeff Levine" or "Brain Eaters". I asked about the current state, because the info seems to be a little outdated.

So what I think we could do is I send you a version of the logo with the font used and you include one of the names to the credit list. Do you think this is a thing that can be done? An alternative would be, you post a link to a font to be used instead. Since this is about the logo I don't feel that it should be me who makes this decision, because I am only the artist, so I ask you ;).

And there is one other thing, too. About the player character. In the progress I made a few sketches and usually I bake them all into one final picture. This time some sketches are left. Enough to make a second, a female player portrait. What do you think? Do you want it? It would be very little work to make a character portrait of it, now that the sketches are there.

I could send you the two files Sunday or Monday.

John, Jennifer, I hope you have a nice winter season!

lg

Sylvia