javaweb-people

Re: [Javaweb-people] Re: [Fwd: XML doclet name]

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Javaweb-people] Re: [Fwd: XML doclet name]
Date: 25 Feb 2002 14:12:08 +0000

Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> Julian,
>
> I forwarded this to the GNU java mailing list.  Nic Ferrier may know
> if there is any standard in use already.

Actually, Julian already asked me. I don't know why he didn't believe
me the first time I told him   /8->

There is no current standard that I'm aware of. The only "official"
GNU projects using DTDs are the Paperclips project and the GJDoc
project and both of those have chosen to do exactly the same thing
with the URLs.

I would suggest it looks like a pretty sensible standard and one that
I would recomend to any GNU project doing anything with XML.

I don't think we need be prescriptive about it though.

Nic