info-mcsim

[Info-mcsim] Problem installing GNU MCSim v6.0.0 under Windows (missing

From: fredomatic
Subject: [Info-mcsim] Problem installing GNU MCSim v6.0.0 under Windows (missing -lasan library)
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 16:16:15 +0100

Original message:
Objet : MCSim compilation problem

I have tried to install MCSim under either MING32, Cygwin, and R under
Windows, but nothing really works for me.

Among these trials, I always get the error shown below:

c:/mingw/mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lasan

Can you help?

Answer:

Cygwin seems to miss the -lasan library

It's a documented problem with Cygwin and the "sanitizer" options of gcc
 (see https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/issues/49 for example).

That should be easy to fix: Remove the -fno-omit-frame-pointer and
-fsanitize=address options in mod/Makefile.am and sim/makemcsimd.in.
Those options are only useful for debugging during development. I will
take them off the official version of those files (sanitizer options are
also incompatible with Sundials).

Remember to redo ./configure after you modify those two files.

F. Bois