RE: packages upload

From: Daniel Gmail
Subject: RE: packages upload
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 16:28:25 +0200

I am really sorry to bother you… but again it did not work. But at least I see smth happening in the folder. I see the downloaded file, the it creates other files.

I re-installed Octave in the following folder: C:\Program Files\GNUOctave

  1. Dmitri

In Octave I select the folder C:\temp and type the following commands:

>> setenv("TEMP", "C:/temp")

>> setenv("TMP", "C:/temp")

>> pkg install -forge econometrics

cp: target '"C:/Users/Maintenant Pr'$'\303\252''t/AppData/Roaming/octave/api-v57/packages/econometrics-1.1.2"' is not a directory

error: couldn't copy files to the installation directory

error: called from

    install>copy_files at line 535 column 7

    install at line 237 column 7

    pkg at line 612 column 9

  1. Dmitri procedure but with pkg install -forge -global econometrics-1.1.2.tar.gz:

>> setenv("TEMP", "C:/temp")

>> setenv("TMP", "C:/temp")

>> pkg install -forge -global econometrics-1.1.2.tar.gz

error: get_forge_pkg: package not found: "econometrics-1.1.2.tar.gz".  Did you mean "econometrics"?

error: called from

    get_forge_pkg at line 95 column 5

    get_forge_download at line 32 column 14

    pkg at line 535 column 31

>> pkg install -forge -global econometrics

error: couldn't create installation directory C:\PROGRA~1\GNUOCT~3\mingw64\share\octave\packages\econometrics-1.1.2 : Permission denied

error: called from

    install>copy_files at line 522 column 7

    install at line 237 column 7

    pkg at line 612 column 9

  1. Dmitri procedure but with pkg install -forge -global econometrics

>> setenv("TEMP", "C:/temp")

>> setenv("TMP", "C:/temp")

>> pkg install -forge -global econometrics

error: couldn't create installation directory C:\PROGRA~1\GNUOCT~3\mingw64\share\octave\packages\econometrics-1.1.2 : Permission denied

error: called from

    install>copy_files at line 522 column 7

    install at line 237 column 7

    pkg at line 612 column 9

  1. When I select the folder in Octave where I downloaded the file here are the 2 results: