Re: packages upload

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: packages upload
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 20:18:21 -0400

Make a folder C:\temp
In octave, do:
setenv("TEMP", "C:/temp")
setenv("TMP", "C:/temp")
pkg install -forge econometrics

Dmitri.
--

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 8:04 PM Daniel Gmail <daniel1mosca@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Nicolas,

Unfortunately it did not work, here are the messages that I get:

I tried various methods but was not successful installing the package. Note that I do not have winzip but use 7-zip.

The temp directory is

  1. pkg install econometrics

I have copied the extracted file to C:\Program Files\GNUoctavedownload

I then switched to Octave and navigated to this directory and launched the command pkg install econometrics

    1. when I copy the extracted file (econometrics-1.1.2 .tar ) to the above mentioned folder this is the message that I get:

>> pkg install econometrics

error: pkg: file not found: econometrics.

This looks like an Octave Forge package name.  Did you mean:

       pkg install -forge econometrics

error: called from

    pkg at line 589 column 19

    1. when I extract the file with 7-zip and copy the extracted file  to the above mentioned folder I get the same message

  1. pkg install -forge econometrics

In Octave, being always in the directory, I type the above command and get the message:

>> pkg install -forge econometrics

error: unpack: unarchiving program exited with status: 2

tar: "/C/Users/Maintenant Pr\303\252t/AppData/Local/Temp/econometrics-1.1.2-OnCxGq.tar.gz": Cannot open: No such file or directory

error: called from

    unpack at line 283 column 5

    untar at line 48 column 5

    install at line 99 column 9

    pkg at line 612 column 9

  1. I changed then the location of the temp directory which is now C:\download (after reboot), I get

I went to Octave, selected the new temp directory and ran again pkg install econometrics-1.1.2.tar.gz

3.a pkg install econometrics-1.1.2.tar.gz

pkg install econometrics-1.1.2.tar

c:/program files/gnu octave/octave-7.2.0/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/11.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find C:\Users\Maintenant: Permission

denied

c:/program files/gnu octave/octave-7.2.0/mingw64/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-w64-mingw32/11.2.0/../../../../x86_64-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find Prêt\AppData\Local\Temp/oct-Abd

Am6.o: No such file or directory

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [Makefile:8: __kernel_weights.oct] Error 1

make: Entering directory '/c/Users/Maintenant Prêt/AppData/Local/Temp/oct-q7jPBE/econometrics-1.1.2/src'

C:/PROGRA~1/GNUOCT~1/OCTAVE~1.0/mingw64/bin/mkoctfile-7.2.0.exe -Wall __kernel_weights.cc

make: Leaving directory '/c/Users/Maintenant Prêt/AppData/Local/Temp/oct-q7jPBE/econometrics-1.1.2/src'

error: pkg: error running 'make' for the econometrics package

error: called from

    configure_make at line 117 column 9

    install at line 202 column 7

    pkg at line 612 column 9

3.b if I type pkg install econometrics

I get the same message as before:

>> pkg install econometrics

error: pkg: file not found: econometrics.

This looks like an Octave Forge package name.  Did you mean:

       pkg install -forge econometrics

error: called from

    pkg at line 589 column 19

  1. using the global command

can you give me the exact syntax? Do I have to type in the command window

pkg install-global -forge econometrics

                pkg install -forge econometrics -global

Thanks

Daniel