RE: Octave does not start

From: David Remans
Subject: RE: Octave does not start
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 17:48:27 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Mützel <
markus.muetzel@gmx.de>
Sent: dinsdag 21 september 2021 17:40
To: David Remans <
D.Remans@tradinco.com>
Cc:
help@octave.org

Am 21. September 2021 um 17:07 Uhr schrieb "David Remans":

> Hi There,

> I have installed Octave on my laptop, but when I try to run the

> program (Octave GUI) I only get a pop-up that the script Octave.vbs will be executed and then nothing happens.

> Any idea on how to solve this?

Since you are writing about "octave.vbs", I am assuming you are using Windows. Which version of it?

[DRE] Yes, Windows 10

How did you install Octave?

[DRE] I ran the installer .exe file: octave-6.2.0-w64-installer.

Does starting the CLI work?

When I select CLI I get a command screen, with a blinking cursor

Which anti-virus software are you using? Does it work if you temporarily(!) de-activate that software?

Windows defender, I tried opening Octave after disabling the app & browser control and the real time virus & threst protection, but so far no success.

Please check if your anti-virus software quarantined some of Octave's files.

I checked, but did not find any quaranteened files

Are you on an administrated machine? Do the policy settings allow executing .vbs files?

I do use a administrated machine,  I do not have a policy in place to prevent .vbs scripts from running.

Markus