Re: Octave does not start

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Octave does not start
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2021 17:39:57 +0200

Am 21. September 2021 um 17:07 Uhr schrieb "David Remans":
> Hi There,
>
> I have installed Octave on my laptop, but when I try to run the program
> (Octave GUI)
> I only get a pop-up that the script Octave.vbs will be executed and then
> nothing happens.
>

> Any idea on how to solve this?

Since you are writing about "octave.vbs", I am assuming you are using Windows.
Which version of it?

How did you install Octave?

Does starting the CLI work?

Which anti-virus software are you using? Does it work if you temporarily(!)
de-activate that software?
Please check if your anti-virus software quarantined some of Octave's files.

Are you on an administrated machine? Do the policy settings allow executing
.vbs files?

Markus