Re: pkg: error running the configure script for communications.

From: Navneet Battan
Subject: Re: pkg: error running the configure script for communications.
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2021 21:12:43 +0530

Hi
I am still facing this problem with latest octave 6.1.0

Warm Regards,
Navneet

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 at 01:25, Andrew Janke <floss@apjanke.net> wrote:

On 1/15/21 11:53 AM, Navneet Battan wrote:
> I think we are entering into fi of configure.ac <http://configure.ac> in
> communications pkg. I don't have much idea about it, i am just digging.
>
> have_hdf5=no
> # check for HDF5 using pkg-config
> PKG_CHECK_MODULES([HDF5],[hdf5],
>  [have_hdf5=yes ],
>  []
> )
> if test $have_hdf5 = no; then
>   save_CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS"
>   save_LIBS="$LIBS"
>   AC_CHECK_LIB(hdf5,H5Fopen,
>     [
>      have_hdf5=yes
>      AC_CHECK_HEADERS([hdf5.h])
>      HDF5_LIBS=-lhdf5
>     ],
>     [],
>   )
>   CPPFLAGS="$save_CPPFLAGS"
>   LIBS="$save_LIBS"
> fi
> if test $have_hdf5 = no; then
>   *_AC_MSG_ERROR([hdf5 not found])_*
> fi
>

> Warm Regards,
> Navneet

Yep, that's the part that's failing. I just don't know why it's failing.

I'm working on getting a Big Sur VM environment set up for testing.

BTW, please "bottom post" on this list, putting replies below the quoted
text.

Cheers,
Andrew