Re: parallel 4.0.1 released

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: parallel 4.0.1 released
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 12:28:17 +0100

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 12:41:38AM -0500, sshah wrote:
> I find that on my machine (Mac mini M1), parallel 4.0.1 runs 3 x slower than
> parallel 4.0.0.  What has changed?

Please provide more detail, including how you made sure that only the
versions of 'parallel' were different and everything else the
same. And please consider that the first call to parcellfun() or
pararrayfun() is slower then the following calls since the parallel
Octave instances have to be started first. Similar for calls with a
greater number of instances than the calls before (e.g. parcellfun(8,
...) if the previous calles were all parcellfun(4, ...)).

Olaf