Re: Forward projection geodetic to X-Y

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: Forward projection geodetic to X-Y
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 11:48:57 -0600 (CST)

(mapping pkg maintainer here)

I'd love to have projection functions in the mapping package but I haven't
been able to find the time to investigate thoroughly; nor has any volunteer
emerged yet. So it's a slowly evolving project.

There is an OF package octproj that actually has all required building
blocks. The future mapping pkg projfwd and projinv functions would be just
wrapper functions for the functions op_fwd and op_inv in octproj.

Against that background I'm also looking for a suitable WKT string parser
with a suitable license or write it myself (I have some skeleton lying
around), but op_fwd and op_inv (and op_transform) seem to be able to process
them.

HTH

Philip