Re: Command Window + utf-8

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Command Window + utf-8
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 15:50:08 +0100

Am 26. Februar 2021 um 15:37 Uhr schrieb "Dainius V.":
> Attached a file and an image of the Octave environment

The file looks good to me. And the characters are correctly displayed for me.

The Command Window on Windows uses the Windows console. Could you please check
that the option for the legacy console is de-activated on your system?
You can find that option in the properties dialog of the Windows command
prompt.
Run "cmd.exe", click on the icon in the title bar of the command prompt and
select "Properties". Make sure the option for the legacy console is un-checked.
I'll attach a screen shot of that dialog. But it is in German. I hope that at
least the layout will be similar across different locales.
You might have to reboot Windows after changing that setting.

Does that make any difference?

Markus