Re: Command Window + utf-8

From: Torsten Lilge
Subject: Re: Command Window + utf-8
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 07:40:48 +0100

On Wed, 2021-02-24 at 23:27 +0200, Dainius V. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don’t know who to contact for preferences in Octave, so I’m
> bothering You.
> When will Octave Command Window support utf-8?
> Now (v6.2.0) such code
>
> disp ('Ašies plotas, mm²')
>
> outputs as follows:
>
> A�?ies plotas, mm?�
>
> Dainius

Hello Dainius,

I am adding the octave help mailing list into cc, since this is the
place for such questions. Alternatively, you can start a thread in the
help section on https://octave.discourse.group/

Regarding missing UTF8 support in the command window, I think the
command window is not the limiting factor, but the underlying windows
systems.

Torsten