Re: control-3.2.0.tar.gz installation problem

From: Torsten Lilge
Subject: Re: control-3.2.0.tar.gz installation problem
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2020 07:25:57 +0100

On Mon, 2020-11-09 at 22:12 -0600, SGM wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install control package and I am facing following
> problem:
> ⶜몍>> pkg install control-3.2.0.tar.gz
> warning: LFLAGS is deprecated and will be removed in a future version
> of
> Octave, use LDFLAGS instead
> MA02ID.f:188:21:
>
>   184 |          DO 90 J = 1, N+1
>
> 2
>   188 |                DWORK(J-1) = DWORK(J-1) + TEMP
>       |                     1
> Warning: Array reference at (1) out of bounds (0 < 1) in loop
> beginning at
> (2)
> MA02ID.f:188:34:
>
>   184 |          DO 90 J = 1, N+1
>
> 2
>   188 |                DWORK(J-1) = DWORK(J-1) + TEMP
>       |                                  1
> Warning: Array reference at (1) out of bounds (0 < 1) in loop
> beginning at
> (2)
> MA02ID.f:230:21:
>
>   226 |          DO 160 J = 1, N+1
>
> 2
>   230 |                DWORK(J-1) = DWORK(J-1) + TEMP
>       |                     1
> Warning: Array reference at (1) out of bounds (0 < 1) in loop
> beginning at
> (2)
> MA02ID.f:230:34:
>
>   226 |          DO 160 J = 1, N+1
>
> 2
>   230 |                DWORK(J-1) = DWORK(J-1) + TEMP
>       |                                  1
> Warning: Array reference at (1) out of bounds (0 < 1) in loop
> beginning at
> (2)
> warning: LFLAGS is deprecated and will be removed in a future version
> of
> Octave, use LDFLAGS instead
> couldn't delete directory
> C:\Octave\OCTAVE~1.0\mingw64\share\octave\packages\control-3.1.0:
> Permission
> denied
> error: called from
>     uninstall at line 120 column 11
>     install at line 205 column 9
>     pkg at line 441 column 9
>
> Request help for resolution.
>
> Regards

The warnings on deprecated LFLAGS are already fixed in a development
branch in the package's hg repositorium.

The core problem that prevents a successful installation is the missing
permissions for the install directory of your currently installed
control package 3.1.0
(C:\Octave\OCTAVE~1.0\mingw64\share\octave\packages\control-3.1.0).
Could you try to install the packages as administrator?

Best regards
Torsten