Re: Help with problems with symbolic package

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: Help with problems with symbolic package
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2020 16:54:46 +0100

Am 07. November 2020 um 14:24 Uhr schrieb dariobc@inventati.org:
> Hello, I recently installed Octave and I need to use the symbolic
> package.
> I downloaded it from the sourceforge of Octave, but I've had some
> problems
> when I started using it. I have installed Python 3.9 and the last
> version of
> the sympy module.

I believe the current version of the symbolic package doesn't work correctly
with the latest version of sympy.

The next version of Octave for Windows will ship the symbolic package with the
necessary dependencies. You could try the release candidate version 6.0.92 that
you can download from here:
https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave/?C=M;O=D

After installing it, just load the symbolic package with "pkg load symbolic".

Please, let the list know if that works for you.

HTH,
Markus