Re: GUI closes without error message

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: Re: GUI closes without error message
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 15:50:28 +0200

Am 23. Juni 2020 um 14:12 Uhr schrieb "Michael Holme Sørensen":
> I am experiencing that my GUI closes without warning or any reason. It
> happens both when running a script or running a function in the command
> window. It happens randomly and if I re-open the GUI and run the same
> function or scripts it normally functions.
> The same happens for me on two different computers.
>
> Any idea on what might be wrong?
>
> I use Windows 10 and 5.2.0 version.

It's difficult to guess what might be happening without more information.

Which functions are you running when the Octave GUI closes unexpectedly?
Any open figures or variables in the variable editor?
Any loaded packages?
Does it also occur with the CLI?

Can you attach gdb to the PID of the running Octave process and try if it
catches any exception? In case it does: What is the backtrace of the error?

Markus