parse error

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: parse error
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 19:06:09 +0100

On Wednesday, 29 April 2020, Nicholas Jankowski <address@hidden> wrote:

i have  reinstalled notepad ++  on my computer. When use  notepad ++ to write a  program I can  run this program  from the command-line !
When i write the same program with octave’s  built-in-editor I still get the same old error code

There's definitely a strange encoding/locality issue setup on your machine.  even in this email I'm seeing the text above as the following (and attached):
image.png
 but copy and paste into any other programs on my computer, it sees:

i have reinstalled notepad ++ on my computer. When use notepad ++ to write a program I can run this program from the command-line ! When i write the same program with octave’s built-in-editor I still get the same old error code

I'm note sure knowing this really helps but I have no problem witrh Martin's message.

What was the result of issuing:

      Get-WinSystemLocale

in powershell?

Ian