Re: Uninstalling Octave 5.1.0.0

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Uninstalling Octave 5.1.0.0
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2020 13:20:18 -0400

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 12:07 PM Mazur, Tori <address@hidden> wrote:
I recently realized that Octave 5.1.0.0 is taking up 1.6 GB of data on my computer. A while back I deleted all of the files for Octave, but forgot to uninstall the program beforehand. How can I download the uninstall.exe file for this version of Octave so I can uninstall it from my computer?

do you just want it removed from the windows installed Apps list? usually if you go to uninstall a program that windows can't find it'll just remove it from the list. There may be a few stray files in your user profile, but that's it, and I don't think it's anything specific to v5.1.0.  (so if you installed 5.2.0, then there's nothing 'extra' outside of what you deleted. I believe the uninstall executable is created by the installer , so you could reinstall the program, and then do the actual uninstall to clean up anything left behind.