Octave Forge Statistics package: bootci

From: Andrew Penn
Subject: Octave Forge Statistics package: bootci
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 10:12:03 +0100

Hi there,

I noticed that the Octave Forge 'Statistics' package currently doesn't have Matlab's bootci function for calculating bootstrap confidence intervals. I wrote a bootstrap confidence interval function compatible with Octave/Matlab called ibootci.m, which is available on GitHub

https://github.com/acp29/iboot/blob/master/ibootci.m

From a user perspective it has much the same syntax as Matlab's bootci function but has extended capabilities (double bootstrap) and functionality (some support for complicated dependence structures). I can provide this for the statistics package along with a wrapper function called bootci that includes the option to calculate BCa intervals has features strictly only available in Matlab's bootci.

Interested? This is my first time interacting with this mailing list so I'm not that familiar with the process of contributing.

Best

Andy

Andrew Penn
Sussex Neuroscience