Re: Error when installing control-3.2.0 package in Octave 5.2.0

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Error when installing control-3.2.0 package in Octave 5.2.0
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 11:31:47 -0400

pkg: error running `make' for the control package.
error: called from
    configure_make at line 99 column 9
    install at line 190 column 7
    pkg at line 441 column 9
    /Users/mariajcasas/.octaverc at line 32 column 9

What operating system?  If Windows, we have had issues with certain security settings/software preventing build/execution within the users profile temp folder. We have been able to work around this by setting the temp directory to something else.  E.g., I have created a folder: C:\Octave\temp, and then i run:

setenv('tmpdir','c:\Octave\Temp\')

after which I am able to install packages that require compilation.   (I also added that setenv line to the .octaverc file in my User folder so that it runs on startup)