Calling directly blas functions in Oct file

From: nicolas neuman
Subject: Calling directly blas functions in Oct file
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 12:02:31 +0200

Hi,
I have to do a lot of matrix operations that involve real symmetric matrices, and it would be much faster to store the lower triangular part in a vector form. I understand that blas operations can work directly with these packed forms. But as far as I know octave functions require the full matrices for operations such as matrix multiplications, am I wrong?
I was wondering if there is a simple way to call blas functions directly from Oct files (I have some experience with them, but only c++ code). If someone has an example of these they could provide I think I could work from that. Any help on this direction will be appreciated!
Thank you very much,
Nicolas