Re: Help

From: Torsten Lilge
Subject: Re: Help
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 16:11:16 +0200

On Thu, 2020-04-02 at 14:03 +0100, Jim Donoghue via Help-octave wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I was wondering if you can help me. I’m a second year electronic
> engineering student in Ireland and part of the course is to use
> Mathlab in college. As the college is closed due to Covid19 we were
> instructed to install octave. I’m having an issue using the build in
> functions in octave that would normally work in Mathlab.
> I have attached the problem that I am having. It is at the bottom of
> the page, where I am trying to find rms using a built in function. I’m
> getting an error with this (as seen in picture). Also I tried to
> install the package “signal” but also kept getting errors.
>
> Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards
>
> David Donoghue

At the end of the warning message, you might find the solution:
"... which you have installed but not loaded. To load the package run
'pkg load signal' ..."

You can get a list of all installed packages with the command 'ver'. A
package is also loaded, when the package name ist starred with '*'.

Torsten