Re: Octave installation error

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Octave installation error
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 10:31:18 -0400

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 10:22 AM Panos Katsalifis <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello. I tried downloading Octave for windows (64-bit). I started installing it but then I got an error message telling me that a file was not found and then the installation process had to be terminated. I retried installing a couple of times but I always got the same error (although I believe a different file was missing every time I tried). What should I do to resolve this?

Can you share the exact message?  It it the octave.vbs file?  Security settings on some computers restrict certain script files by default. Windows is a bit of a mess in this regard, and it's tough to troubleshoot without more info. Some people were successful by temporarily disabling Windows Defender or equivalent.

Exactly which installer file are you using? What folder are you trying to install to? Are you changing it from the defaults?

If you continue to have trouble, I recommend you just use one of the zip archives to manually 'install' the program following the directions here:
https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Microsoft_Windows