Re: Symbolic Error

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Symbolic Error
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 14:09:09 -0400

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 4:15 AM harish3679 <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am getting this error while using sqrt(sym(3))

Symbolic pkg v2.9.0: 'python3' is not recognized as an internal or external
command,
operable program or batch file.

safe to assume python worked fine before?  did you recently update your version of symbolic to 2.9.0?

It appears that there was recently an update to have symbolic call 'python3' instead of 'python'.

see the following two discussions (unfortunately it split across maintainers and help lists):
https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Symbolic-package-2-9-0-tp4696112.html
https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Re-Symbolic-package-2-9-0-tp4696117.html

try running:

>> system('python3')

and

>> system('python')

if the first gives you an error and the second one does not, for now you may need to run the command:

>> setenv PYTHON python

before running any symbolic package commands.  I added it to the .octaverc file (startup commands) in my user profile.