Re: Triangular mesh function, triplot() trimesh() trisurf() but missing

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Triangular mesh function, triplot() trimesh() trisurf() but missing tridata? (was scattered interpolation)
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 15:23:12 -0400

> I consider this modified function accepting a triangular wireframe mesh as parameter as very useful and would suggest to add it among the other tri functions triplot() trimesh() trisurf(). Anybody else here have any opinion about adding this function among these tri functions?

I'm still not sure why this couldn't just be an extension of griddata?  if a triangulation is supplied with a compatible method, it uses your triangulation instead of the built in dulauney (sp?) triangulation.  is there more to it? with a quick glance it looks like that's the main change from the base griddata.