Re: Interpolation on scattered data

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Interpolation on scattered data
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 11:03:31 -0400

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 10:45 AM Nicklas Karlsson
<address@hidden> wrote:

> As there are several values for each point I where able to get a good
> triangulation of area by supplying other values for the same indexes. Maybe
> this is a good time implementing the missing function, it should not be to
> hard for linear interpolation.

If you are referring to the ScatteredInterpolant function, I'm not
sure if Octave can yet support the classdef features required to make
it fully compatible.  Someone did create a temporary 'wrapper' that
never got evaluated/implemented here:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?35821

It would take some work to make sure it still applies to the current
codebase and actually works.

Regarding griddata, the linear interpolation based on delaunay
triangulation already exists. it's the 'cubic' and 'natural' methods
still missing.