Octave Crashes During Normal Use

From: Henri Morin
Subject: Octave Crashes During Normal Use
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 10:29:31 -0400

Hello,

I am a new Octave user and I just installed version 5.2.0 on my Windows 10 machine (haven't updated it yet to version 1909). I am using it just like I would my python environment but it keeps crashing, without warning. I don't get a windows message saying something like "octave not responding" like I would for python crashes. This happens when I am running a script or when I am using the command window. The mouse just turns into the wait cursor and then it crashes, so I am not sure what the cause is.

Any ideas? I have no idea how to debug this and its getting frustrating with the frequency of crashes considering its a new install and I wouldn't want to lose progress on something important later on.

Cheers,

Henri