Re: xlsx processing

From: Ian McCallion
Subject: Re: xlsx processing
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 14:36:16 +0000

On Mon, 16 Mar 2020 at 13:20, mrodrig via Help-octave
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I have worked a little more and I found this way to do it but I do not know
> if it is the best
> data.xlsx <https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t372706/data.xlsx>
> clc
> clear all
> pkg load io
>
> [data_v, title_v]=xlsread("data.xlsx");
> [rows, columns] = size(data_v)
> rows
> columns
> for i=1:columns
>     v=data_v(5:326,i);
>     FileName=sprintf("%s.txt",[title_v{1,i}, "_", title_v{2,i},
> "_",title_v{3,i}])
>     save (sprintf (FileName, i), "v")
>     i=i+1;
> end

That looks pretty good to me! Although given that you said there were
three information rows at the head of each column, I'm not sure why
you coded

   v = data_v(5:326,i)

Should it not have been 4:326?

Also you can very conveniently use the "end" keyword inside array indices, so

  v = data_v(5:end,i)

Cheers... Ian