Re: HDL CODER

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: HDL CODER
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 11:55:49 -0400

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 10:35 AM Hamid <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

Could you please let me know that if OCTAVE has HDL coder like MATLAB?

I would like to design a FIR LOW PASS FILTER and get the HDL code in Verilog/VHDL.
Is it possible to obtain the above using OCTAVE?

As HDL coder is a toolbox that appears to heavily use Simulink, It doesn't appear that much compatible functionality has been implemented yet in Octave.

It may be possible to achieve some of what you're looking for in Octave, but have you looked at Math2Mat?  It seems a bit dated, but maybe it can provide some of what you're looking for:  http://www.math2mat.ch/

Perhaps if you can use Octave for filter design, that tool would bridge you to HDL?