Re: Filtering the values ​​of current and voltages based on a criteria

From: Brett Green
Subject: Re: Filtering the values ​​of current and voltages based on a criteria
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 18:53:10 -0400

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 6:42 PM GK19 <address@hidden> wrote:
I have a list of 1000000 sets of data in a .mat file. it has 5 columns, say
A, B, C, Current and voltage. for many sets of data we would be having same
current and voltages values. I need to read the file and then I need to
filter out and get the values of current and voltage as output based on
some condition. How do i do it? I'm new to octave. kindly help
The data looks something like this
  A BC current voltage
.1 0.33 .99 1 1
0.2 0.34 .100 1 2
0.3 0.35 .101 1 3
0.4 0.36 .102 1 1
0.5 0.37 .103 2 3
0.6 0.38 .104 2 6
0.7 0.39 .105 2 8
0.8 0.40 .106 3 3
0.9 0.41 .107 3.5 3
0.10 0.42 .108 3 3.5
0.11 0.43 .109 3 0
0.12 0.44 .110 3 3.5
0.13 0.45 .111 3.5 0
0.14 0.46 .112 3.5 6
0.15 0.47 .113 3.5 7
How do i print the values of current and voltage by reading each data
based on some condition (condition is not related to current or voltage).
The condition is with respect to time, and not A, B, C
PS: reading the file is done, I'm getting the proper output. only filtering
part is left

If the condition can be written as an equation, then you could use logical indexing. For example,
m(m<10)=0
sets any entries of the matrix m to 0 if they are less than 10.

 m=magic(4)
m =

   16    2    3   13
    5   11   10    8
    9    7    6   12
    4   14   15    1

>> m(m<10)=0
m =

   16    0    0   13
    0   11   10    0
    0    0    0   12
    0   14   15    0

We wouldn't know how to help in more detail without knowing the condition, though.