Re: Plot colour issue - Strange change of shade

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Plot colour issue - Strange change of shade
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 11:34:51 +0900

On 3/11/20 1:24 AM, steve wood wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My apologies if my issue is due to my inexperience and is a simple fix but I
> only started using Octave (or any software of the type) yesterday.
>
> The colour in my graph appears strange and seems to have different shades or
> go greyish (see image). I just want it to be the same shade of dark green
> all along. Is there too many datapoints or something like that ?
>
>>> plot(x, y, "color", [0, 0.45, 0], "linewidth", 3);
>
> Many thanks,
>

> <https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/t373672/Octave_Graph.png>

Indeed, this does not seem right.  The problem must be in your data, as
I cannot reproduce it with made up x,y data.  Can you store it at some
temporary file hosting service and send the link to this list?

Additionally, it is nice to know, which operating system and Octave
version you are using.  In case of plotting, it might also be
interesting to know the output of

   graphics_toolkit ()

HTH,
Kai