Re: mkoctfile issues

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: mkoctfile issues
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 21:36:48 +0900

On 3/3/20 8:19 PM, Axel Coulon wrote:
> Hi, I'm currently facing some issues with compiled .oct files. Actually,
> I compiled custom functions which are working perfectly on other systems
> but not on mine. I got this error : undefined symbol:
> _ZNK5ArrayISsE17resize_fill_valueEv
>
> I guess the problem is my GCC version (4.9) is different from the GCC
> version used to compile Octave and mkoctfile packages. Obviously, I
> cannot update GCC to a newer version.
>
> Any idea to solve this problem ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Axel

The best strategy is to compile the oct-files on the system you want to
run them.  Is there an obvious reason why not to follow this strategy?
Does one of your systems not have the possibility to run "mkoctfile"?

More general, what is the setup of you two systems and how did you
install Octave on them?

HTH,
Kai