Re: Fwd: hdf5 files support

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Fwd: hdf5 files support
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 16:18:07 -0800

On Sun, Mar 01, 2020 at 12:18:57 -0600, Hernán Leoni wrote:
> but still I think I did not found the right reason why some hdf5 files are
> not supported in octave.
> I would like to check if there is a post with this information, or if
> anyone has some more details about it.
>
> I have few files that when loading within octave this errors is logged out

The 'load' function in Octave is primarily for loading files that were
created by the 'save' function.

As a convenient extension, Octave's 'load' function does also load some
simple HDF5 files, but not all.

The real way to import any HDF5 file into Octave will be with the
'h5read' function. But that function is still a work in progress and is
not yet part of any version of Octave.

If you are familiar with the Python h5py or pandas libraries, you could
try using them with the Octave Pythonic package to read your HDF5 files.
It's experimental, but let me know if you would like to try working with
Pythonic.

Hope that helps,

--
mike