Re: 'triangulation' function is not yet implemented in Octave

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: 'triangulation' function is not yet implemented in Octave
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 20:15:26 +0900

On 3/2/20 7:22 PM, M. Jahanzeb Malik wrote:
> I am doing following example of triangulation in octave from matlab:
> https://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/triangulation.html#d118e1203590
>
>      P = [ 2.5    8.0
>       6.5    8.0
>       2.5    5.0
>       6.5    5.0
>       1.0    6.5
>       8.0    6.5];
>
>      T = [5  3  1;
>      3  2  1;
>      3  4  2;
>      4  6  2];
>      TR = triangulation(T,P)
>      edges(TR);
>
> I am getting following error:
> warning: the 'triangulation' function is not yet implemented in Octave
>
> Please read <https://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
> contribute missing functionality.
> error: 'triangulation' undefined near line 1 column 11
>
> Please help in resolving the issue
> --
> Kind Regards

The issue is pretty obvious: The function was introduced 2013 in Matlab
and nobody implemented it for Octave so far.  You can take a look at
Octave existing triangulation functions [1].

   tri = delaunay (P);
   triplot (tri, P(:,1), P(:,2));
   xlim ([0 9])
   ylim ([4 9])

Otherwise you should provide an example what you like to do and maybe
you can solve this issue with Octave's functions too.

HTH,
Kai

[1] https://octave.org/doc/v5.2.0/XREFdelaunay.html