Re: Octave Functionality Change

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Octave Functionality Change
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 14:06:09 +0900

On 2/6/20 12:23 PM, Zach Runzo wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am a relatively new user to Octave.   I am not sure if I accidentally
> changed a setting that I am unaware of or if it is a bug.  All of a
> sudden I cannot open more than 1 script/function in my editor window.
> Previously if I clicked a function or script in my file browser window,
> a new tab would pop up in my editor window.  Now, if i click on a new
> script, nothing happens.  I need to close out of the existing tab and
> then I am able to open whichever function/script I was trying to access.
>

> Hopefully you can provide some guidance,
>
> Zach

Dear Zach,

There is indeed something going wrong and it is for sure not a
satisfying experience with Octave.

To better understand the issue, can you tell us the following:

1. What is your operating system and version (e.g. MS Windows 10, macOS
Catalina, ...)?

2. Which version of Octave do you run (e.g. 5.1.0)?

3. How did you install that version of Octave?

4. Did you try to reinstall Octave and to delete your Octave user
settings folder (e.g. C:\Users\Zach\.config\octave)?

5. From which file location do you open your files (e.g. local
hard-disk, network drive, ...)?

HTH,
Kai