Re: Question on editor startup time

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Question on editor startup time
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 16:51:55 -0500

On Sat, Feb 1, 2020, 4:25 PM Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza, <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear listmembers,
I just recently compiled octave 5.1.0 on my computer and started working with
it. Initially I thought that the editor would be broken because if I tried to
open a file the cursor rotated apparently "forever".
By accident I left it rotating for a while, then everything started to work as
expected.
That said, restarting octave and then trying to open a file takes about 2
minutes(!!!) to complete. After that I can use the editor as normal - until I
restart octave. Anyone having any idea why I have to wait 2 minutes to come to
an usable interface? I assumed that octave is searching through the entire
directory - but I cannot tell that for sure.
Any hint to probably circumvent this would be very much appreciated - as this
behavior is really annoying.
Thank you
take care

Dieter

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza                    76131 Karlsruhe

Do
You have a large network folder ?